Friday 5 February 2016

Week Three - Epistemology Quiz (Althea)

According to the epistemology quiz, I am Jürgen Habermas. I cannot say I'm surprised at all, since I do have an background in anthropology, and the core lessons in socio-cultural anthropology are almost always about how us to how our biases will always be contained within the decisions we make and the analyses we choose to use. However, I am also unsurprised because the answers were ones I have actively chosen.

As mentioned before, I made the choice to be schooled in contrasting disciplines. I may have chosen to major in anthropology which teaches its students that there is no such thing as objective knowledge, but I was also born and raised in a society that placed more focus in scientific education and have spent more time analyzing things with a scientific lens. So while I chose to pick answers that were more reflective of social science background, I could also see myself picking answers that would be more reflective of an empiric epistemology.

I would say that my issue with quizzes like the one we did is that they are always designed to place the individual in a single category even if the said individual has multiple leanings. I don’t intend to do the same quiz more than once, since getting multiple results don’t necessarily mean anything. What will learning that you may have the epistemology tendencies of more than one philosopher do?


For my research, I intend to find out if, and how, new technological resources and the abundance of travel information have affected the traveler’s experience. Since this is a topic that investigates how people share and use travel information and knowledge, my research design will revolve around the discovery of the traveler’s experience during their planning and travelling stages.  I would like for my research to inform knowledge creators on how to create and share better information, and to make information users more aware of how they choose to interact with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment