Thursday 4 February 2016

Week 3 - Quiz Result (Lesley)

According the quiz, my epistemology is that of the wonderful Patricia Hill Collins (<3).

I'm certainly not surprised with my results, as my entire undergraduate degree was spent learning about oppression and inequalities (while reading my share of Collins) from a marxist-feminist informed anti-oppressive perspective.  It is my understanding that each person's life experience is shaped by their social identity, creating multiple realities and truths co-existing in the same social space.  I could not agree more with the sentiment that we cannot gain a complete understanding of our world without the inclusion of each of these varied personal truths.

In terms of research, I feel comfortable with critical theory and it's a fitting framework to examine the role of public libraries in the community.  My research question (which is still in the works) is going to look at what may be some obstacles to accessing library services that result in certain marginalized populations being underserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment