Monday 22 February 2016

Week 4 Daisy


For this exercise I found my terms to be pretty broad. I would like to expand on them and break the categories down into something like a mind map. I think also throughout my research the focus on each subject will change, one will become more important and the others less. However, it is nice to draw some sort of outline that encapsulates the basic content of my research of anti-doping education. I also like the idea of getting creative and drawing out your research.

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking at your daisy and reflection again after the Week 6 exercise, and I was thinking the the daisy doesn't have to be an exercise that we only do at the start of the brainstorming session. We could draw daisies with smaller petals for less important ideas and bigger petals for more important ideas or completely removing petals as we brainstorm and organize our ideas for the actual writing.

    Of course, this will be after we have to go through the first step of organizing and arranging the ideas into a daisy, but drawing daisies as we move along the brainstorm session means that we may have a visual representation of how our thought processes and ideas have changed! It'll be neat to finally have visual representations of the behind-the-scenes work of researchers, since these work are usually invisible to the layperson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your comment! Luker recommends revising and keeping each version of the daisy. It is a pleasant difference from only seeing the polished final text version of one's work. I think Professor Hartel's iSquare project definitely opened our eyes to and appreciation for the power of visual research.

      Delete