Friday 12 February 2016

Week Four - Bedraggled daisy (Althea)

I found the exercise useful because it forced me to identify the areas of research that has been done and areas that I could find more information for when I plan out my own research. However, like many of you, I found turning what I know into a daisy tedious. I definitely feel more comfortable with making annotated lists, which was what I did before I placed and organized that information into a daisy.

Also, depending on how much area the research intends to cover, there may be a lot of petals! Based on my own experience trying to fit these nine areas into the picture, the process may take a lot of time and the end-product can come out messy. In my opinion, people can try different methods to organize their work, but they should do what they feel most comfortable with.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you found it useful! I totally agree with your point about the daisy becoming very messy as more and more points/petals are added to it! I know that when I was doing mine, I wrote out a list of my points and drew the petals accordingly. For that reason, I think it serves as a nice visual representation. However, I know for sure it would've bothered me if I had forgotten one and had to draw it in after the fact!

    ReplyDelete