Monday 28 March 2016

Week 11: Documentation and Experience

The kinds of records that my project will produce will be ethnographic. For my proposed research I intend to take intensive fieldnotes, photographic inventory, interviews/transcripts, and collections of documents. From an anthropological background, I have learned to store my research for physical documents, in a locked drawer or box, and the digital documents stored on a external drive, encrypted with a passcode for access.


For ethical concerns, as I will be dealing with National Team athletes, and a somewhat sensitive topic, I do intend to keep my participants anonymous. Therefore I will need a document that distinguishes a code and pseudo names to ensure that each participant’s identity will be kept private, which I will plan to store in an encrypted file. Along with this document I will keep the consent forms. While I could have an option to destroy the contents of this project after it is completed, I have yet to decide whether or not I will do this. I have done this in the past, and I am not sure if it was worth it. I might give the participants the option of whether or not they would like the data they provide me to be destroyed after a certain amount of time. This way I can adhere to my participants needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment