Friday 8 April 2016

Week 12

My research question has remained more or less the same since the beginning of the course, but it's final incarnation was: "I am interested in exploring the ways that girls and young women are now publishing, sharing, and remixing content on the Internet, and using these outlets as a means of creative self-expression and sociopolitical engagement comparable to feminist zinemaking
practices from the early 1990s to the present."

I have found myself becoming more and more interested in arts informed research and visual methodologies. Because I am hoping to study zine-making by young women and its relation to content creation on the internet, my methodology is largely textual based. However, in a larger scope I think it would be really interesting to study the imagery from both of these mediums, the use of collage principles. I'm still unsure of the best way to do this, especially since I feel like I would be better qualified to this with a Fine Arts background, but mine is in English Literature. 

At the present, however, I am also fairly interested in finding more about this study: http://the-toast.net/2016/03/28/grant-proposal-i-would-like-to-study-the-effects-of-extreme-chill-on-my-body/

No comments:

Post a Comment